Where do you start?
The hardest part of any project is getting started. The first step to planning the space in your home (Whether with new furniture or old) is to ask questions. It is not run to the store and grab all the things you think will work.
Your aim is to design a space that you feel comfortable in. That means you need to give yourself ample space to move about your rooms freely and with ease.
Some questions to ask yourself at this stage:
- What lifestyle activities or functions will this room have to accommodate. For example, if you have grandchildren, do you want there to be larger open floor space for a rug to play with all their toys?
- How big is your family?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you entertain guests a lot?
- Do you have children?
- Is your home atmosphere formal or informal?
- What mood do you want the room to feel? Is it romantic, or bright and crisp?
- Do you have anyone in your family who may come over that you would need to accommodate for? For Example, parents or relatives in a walker or wheelchair.
Once you have the answers to these questions, you can then utilize the answers to help you make smart design choices. For Example, Is there enough seating places in the living room for a family movie night? Can Grandma Jane easily get through the dining room in her walker? Is my white cloth couch really going to survive my shedding black dog? Is there enough walking space between my couch and the coffee table? Do I need more lighting in this office to better read my manuscripts?
Asking questions, as you see is vital in making the correct purchase and design decisions for your home.These same design tactics are used when Tami Glover and her Luxury Real Estate Team stage the homes they list for sale. Each family will have different lifestyles and needs, but by utilizing this same process, Team Glover creates a universal home staging presence that catches every eye during home showings. If you are interested in listing or buying a house, contact Tami Glover today.